Chicken with onions
- 2 – 3 lbs chicken, whole cut into serving pieces
- 4 – 6 onions sliced thin
- 1 – 3 chili pepper minced
- 4 – 5 lemons juice only
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard (optional)
- ¼ cup peanut or other oil
- salt and pepper to season
- Mix all the ingredients together in a stainless steel or glass dish.
- Let marinate at least overnight.
- Remove the chicken pieces, wipe dry, and grill, broil or sauté them till well browned.
- Set aside.
- Heat 2 – 3 tbsp oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Remove the onions from the marinade and sauté for 8 – 10 minutes till well wilted and starting to brown.
- Add the rest of the marinade and the browned chicken pieces.
- Simmer over medium-low heat until cooked through, about 30 – 40 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning and serve with rice, fufu or couscous.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.