Chicken with nuts
- 3 pounds / 1.5 kg chicken, skinned and cut into portions
- 1 cup / 125 g macadamia or hazelnuts, roasted lightly
- 2 cups / 470 ml stock
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 scallions / spring onions, thinly sliced
- Start by putting the roasted nuts into a blender with a little of the stock.
- Mix well, making sure the nuts are crushed into a paste and then adding more stock as required to make a sauce.
- Pour the sauce into a large pan and place over a gentle heat.
- Now add the chili powder, garlic, scallions / spring onions, salt and pepper, mixing with a spoon.
- Next put in the chicken pieces and turn them round to coat them all over with the nut sauce.
- Cover the pot and cook over a very low heat for 1 hour or until the meat is cooked.
- Check often and stir to prevent sticking, adding more stock or water if necessary.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.