- 1 lb vegetable shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 5 cups flour
- additional sugar, mixed with
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Mix all ingredients together, starting with the shortening and adding each one in order.
- You can do this by hand or with a heavy-duty mixer.
- Roll dough into 1½ inch balls.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press with bottom of a small glass dipped in flour.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- When cookies are cool, dip in sugar-cinnamon mixture.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.