When making any kind of a Pousse, the utmost care must be taken or the ingredients composing it separate. This can best be achieved by pouring the various materials from a wine glass. It requires a steady hand and careful manipulation to succeed in making the perfect Pousse.
- Serves: 1
- ½ glass Maraschino
- 1 egg yolk
- Enough vanilla cordial to surround the egg
- 1 tablespoon pretty old brandy
- First, pour a half glass of the maraschino.
- Then float the yolk on top with a spoon.
- Then carefully surround the egg with warm vanilla cordial, and finally the brandy on top.