- 1 cup light brown sugar (not packed)
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/16th teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1¾ cups pecan halves
- In a saucepan, using a wooden spoon, mix sugars, milk, butter, syrup, and salt.
- Cook to softball stage, about 10 minutes.
- Test by dropping a drop of mixture into some cold water.
- Drop should be soft when picked up with fingers.
- Remove from heat; add vanilla and nuts.
- Bet until mixture begins to thicken, about 1 minute.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto buttered wax paper.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.