- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 7 oz can tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp peanut butter or ground peanuts
- 1 pt water
- sprig of thyme
- chilli pepper and salt
- 1 lb spinach, fresh or frozen
- 1 small piece smoked fish (for flavour)
- 1 lb fresh or frozen prawns
- Put oil in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
- When hot add the onions and tomatoes.
- Cook on a high heat stirring for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to moderate and add peanut butter, creaming well into the sauce with half of the water.
- Stir well and allow to cook, bubbling gently, for 8 – 10 minutes, stirring.
- Add remaining water, thyme, pepper and salt.
- Wash and finely chop the fresh spinach, stir into sauce and allow to cook on a moderate heat until sauce is thick, (20 minutes).
- Add the smoked and drained prawns.
- Stir and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Serve with boiled yams and rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.