From my Uncle Denny’s collection. He won third place in a Shriner’s cook-off in 1957. I’m scared of pressure cookers so have not tried this, but it does sound good.
- 2 pounds ground Beef
- 1 large white Onion chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1-cup water
- 1-tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2-teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2-teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2-teaspoon oregano
- 1-teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1-teaspoon salt
- 16 ounce kidney beans drained and rinsed
- Heat pressure cooker.
- Brown meat, Onion, and green pepper.
- Add remaining ingredients, except kidney beans.
- Close cover securely.
- Place pressure regulator on vent pipe.
- Cook 5 minutes with pressure regulator rocking slowly.
- Let pressure drop of its own accord.
- Stir in kidney beans and heat through
Contributed by Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.