Makes 6 servings
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 4 cups milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- peach Sauce:
- 1 16-ounce can peach slices in juice (reserve juice), cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 100 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup brandy or 2 teaspoons brandy extract
- Pudding: Combine rice, butter and milk in large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; simmer, covered, 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until milk is almost absorbed.
- Combine eggs, vanilla, Sugar and Raisins in medium bowl; gradually stir into rice mixture. Remove from heat; cool.
- peach Sauce: Combine peaches, peach juice, Sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon in small saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil; simmer until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add butter and brandy; cool.
- To serve, alternate pudding and sauce in parfait glasses. Garnish with whipped cream.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.