- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons skim milk
- ¼ cup grated cheddar cheese
- pinch of sea salt
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh herbs: tarragon, chives, italian parsley or basil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 4 broccoli florettes, coarsely chopped
- 10 fresh or frozen asparagus spears, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 cup of fresh spinach, washed and cleaned
- 1 small zucchini, sliced thin
- 4 small red potatoes, cooked and sliced thin
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the milk, then season with salt and pepper, and add the chopped herbs.
- Set aside.
- In a six-inch, non-stick omelet pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- When hot, add the chopped onion and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the vegetables to the pan, and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add the egg mixture to the pan and stir well.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the mixture.
- As the mixture begins to set, place the pan in the oven and bake for 4–5 minutes, until firm.
- Allow the frittata to cool slightly, and then cut into wedges.
- Recommended alternatives
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.