Here's a great prelude to a main-course pasta.
- Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- 4 appetizer servings
- 12 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled, de-veined
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 3 thin prosciutto slices, each slice cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise in half
- 2 tablespoons minced Italian parsley
- lemon wedges
- Combine shrimp, wine, oil, garlic and crushed pepper in bowl; Toss to coat.
- Let stand at room temperature 1 hour.
- Preheat Broiler.
- Drain shrimp, reserving marinade.
- Wrap 1 prosciutto strip around each shrimp.
- Arrange 3 shrimp in each of 4 shallow broiler-proof dishes, tucking ends of prosciutto strips under shrimp.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon marinade over shrimp in each dish.
- Broil shrimp about 6 inches from heat source until prosciutto begins to crisp and shrimp are cooked through; Watch closely to avoid burning, about 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with lemon wedges.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.