This is one of a few more cheesecake recipes from the VERY OLD file - Enjoy
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar (to taste)
- 1 grated rind of lemon or orange
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ⅛ cup cream
- 2 packages instant raspberry gelatin
- 1 pound cake (store bought or home made)
- a bit of liquor to drizzle over cake
- 3 cups frozen fruit (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, or combination)
- Whip cream adding vanilla, sugar, and grated rind until very stiff.
- Set aside.
- Whip cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Add second measure of sugar.
- Fold whipped cream and cream cheese mixture together.
- Set aside.
- Melt chocolate chips over low heat adding cream if necessary to keep smooth.
- Be careful not to overcook or burn.
- Mix gelatin with hot water according to directions on package.
- Substitute the frozen fruit for cold water as noted on package.
- Stir until thick.
- To assemble: slice pound cake and lay slices on bottom of glass trifle dish.
- Drizzle with liquor or concentrated fruit juice.
- Drizzle with ½ of melted chocolate.
- Cover with ½ of gelatin making sure that gelatin touches sides of dish all the way around.
- Cover with ½ of cream cheese mixture.
- Layer again with remaining gelatin, remaining chocolate, and finally cream cheese.
- Garnish with grated chocolate, grated orange rind and fresh berries if available.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.