Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: Approximately 30 minutes
Serves: makes two loaves
A simple yet delicious bread.
- Dilute yeast in water.
- Add salt, then half of four and stir.
- Mix remainder of flour with hand until dough is firm.
- Knead until dough is smooth.
- Divide dough (unless you want a large loaf) and put in a covered bowl.
- Let rise until dough has almost doubled in size.
- Sprinkle a light layer of flour on a cookie sheet (unless you use those silicone mats) and put dough on cookie sheet (if your making two loaves put each on separate cookie sheet) take a brush (one that you would use for basting) and spread some flour over dough.
- Bake in 400°F oven for approximately 30 minutes or until done.
- Wrap in cloth while cooling to keep crust soft.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.