This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Tassel Estate in Wylie, Texas in 1986.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups flour
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 cup salad oil
- 2 jars baby food prunes
- 1 cup broken nuts
- Combine dry ingredients and sift twice then set aside.
- Beat eggs, oil, baby food and nuts until smooth then mix in dry ingredients until well blended.
- Bake in a tube pan at 325°F for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes then remove from pan.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.