Description[edit | edit source]
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Cabrera Estate in Malakoff, Texas in 1986.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup prunes diced
- ½ cup chopped pecans
Glaze[edit | edit source]
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup butter melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large mixing bowl then add oil and eggs beating well at medium speed of an electric mixer.
- Add buttermilk and vanilla and beat well.
- Stir in prunes and pecans then pour batter into a greased and floured tube pan and bake at 350°F for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes then remove from pan and place on serving plate.
- Pour glaze over while both are still warm.
- Mix all glaze ingredients and allow to cool for 5 minutes before pouring over cake.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.