- 1 cup of softened butter
- 4 cups of bread cut in small cubes (better if French bread)
- 8 cups of evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ cup of raisins
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 10 cloves
- Stir the eggs until the yolk and the white are well mixed.
- Break the cinnamon sticks into 1-inch pieces and put in the milk.
- Put the milk to boil at low heat, turn off the heat when it is about to break a boil.
- Mix all the ingredients and pour in the baking pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- In the meantime make a light caramel mixing the sugar and water and putting on the fire at low heat until half the water evaporates.
- Reserve the caramel.
- Pinch the cake with a clean knife.
- If the knife comes out clean, take out of the oven.
- Let cool before taking out of the pan.
- Serve the cake covered with the caramel.
- Use as dessert or to accompany hot cocoa or coffee.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.