Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Makes 4 servings
- 1 large egg, separated
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) sugar
- ¼ cup (5 g) spoonable sugar substitute
- 1½ cups (360 ml) evaporated skim milk
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) instant tapioca
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) vanilla extract
- refrigerated butter-flavored cooking spray
- 4 fresh firm ripe apricots, seeded and cut each half into 3rds
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon (0.6 ml) ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) fresh lemon juice
- In a small bowl, beat egg white until foamy.
- Gradually add sugar and beat until white forms stiff peaks.
- Set aside.
- In a saucepan, whisk together sugar substitute, milk, tapioca, egg yolk, and vanilla.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Place on stove and cook over medium heat, stirring, until mixture comes to a full boil.
- Immediately stir in beaten egg white.
- Continue to cook on low for another 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and lay a piece of plastic wrap directly on the pudding surface.
- When ready to serve, lightly coat a nonstick skillet with butter- flavored cooking spray.
- Add apricots and sprinkle with cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add lemon juice and toss apricots while cooking for 2 to 3 minutes over medium-high heat.
- When apricots are lightly brown and just tender, remove from stove.
- To serve, spoon pudding into 4 dessert bowls.
- Top with equal amounts of the apricot mixture.
- Serve at once.
Nutritional information Edit
- 144 calories (10% calories from fat) | 9 g protein | 2 g total fat (0.5 g saturated fat) | 22 g carbohydrate | 1 g dietary fiber | 57 mg cholesterol | 127 mg sodium
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.