- 1 lb (½ kg) soft goat cheese (use freshest cheese possible)
- 1 lb (½ kg) sugar
- 2 cups water
- 12 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- Grate the cheese.
- Boil sugar in water to the consistency of a thick syrup.
- Add the cheese and mix well.
- Next, remove the mixture from heat and combine with beaten egg yolks and egg whites.
- Sprinkle the bottom of a pan with burnt sugar.
- Pour in the mixture and bake in a double boiler.
- The latter may also be accomplished by placing the pan with the mixture into a pan filled with hot water.
- The mixture can also be baked in a shallow, buttered and floured baking pan.
- Bake in the oven.
- After removed and cooled, cut into squares and top with granulated sugar.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.