Bread pudding. Left-over bread turned into this delicious tea-time sweet. Using Maltese bread or a crusty loaf will give better results.
- approximately 800 g of two-day-old bread
- 1 glass of milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 150 g sugar
- 4 tablespoons sultana
- grated rind of lemon or orange
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon mixed spice
For the top Edit
- Soak bread in water until soft, then squeeze all water out.
- Put in a basin and add all other ingredients together.
- Mix well and add the milk slowly, so the consistency is not too runny.
- Grease a pie dish with butter, sprinkle some dried breadcrumbs on bottom, pour mixture in.
- Sprinkle the top of the pudding mix with the rest of the bread-crumbs and the Sugar.
- Bake in hot oven for about 45 mins; check if it is ready by inserting a knife, and it should come out dry.
- Serve pudding warm or cold.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.