- 1 cup chopped green New Mexican chile,roasted, peeled, stems and seeds removed
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- vegetable oil
- Brown pork
- Add onions, then sauté until onions are soft. Pour off fat as it accumulates.
- Stir in chile, raisins and sugar.
- Beat egg whites until peaks form.
- Combine flour and egg yolks and mix thoroughly.
- Fold egg-yolk mixture into whites until combined to form a batter.
- Roll about 1 teaspoon of the meat mixture in the flour and shape into a 1-inch ball.
- When all the meat mixture has been shaped into balls, dip the chile balls into the batter and deep fry at 350 °F until golden. Drain on paper towels.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.