- 16 lbs of Pork (leg or whole)
For the seasoning
- 1/2 cup of sliced seedless *1/2 cup of capers
- 1 large Onion diced into small cubes
- 4 tablespoons of mashed garlic
- 1 teaspoon of parsley finely diced
- 4 tablespoons of powdered oregano
- 2 tablespoons of powdered black pepper
- 1 cup of green peppers diced into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1/4 cup of salt
- Mix in all the ingredients for the seasoning.
- With a sharp paring knife carve deep holes in the meat. Keep a distance of about 10 cms between each hole. Using a teaspoon stuff the holes with the seasoning mixture, spread the remaining seasoning on the surface. Marinate for at least 5 hours before cooking. Put in the oven at medium heat.
- If you have a meat thermometer, the meat should be ready when it reaches 77 °C (170 °F) in the center. If you don't have a meat thermometer, cook for 4 hours. Every 30 minutes bath the meat with the juices.
- Thirty minutes before finishing turn up the oven at high heat until the skin is dark golden and crunchy.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.