A simple appetizer or snack. Very tasty.
- 3 large very green plantains
- 3 teaspoons crushed fresh garlic
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup olive oil or canola oil
- Peel plantains and slice into 1 inch thick sections.
- Place water, salt and garlic in a large baking pan.
- Soak the plantain slices in the garlic mixture for 20 minutes.
- Pour oil in a pan set at 365 degrees.
- Fry plantains until they are golden brown on all sides.
- Flatten each plantain between sheets of wax paper with a plate or the palm of your hand.
- Dip flattened plantains into garlic mixture and place on a paper towl.
- Place plantains into the oil once again and fry until crispy and golden brown.
- Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Serve promptly after frying for best taste.
Other Links Edit
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.