Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 28 servings
- ½ (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets (1 sheet), thawed to room temperature
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, or shredded asiago, cheddar or gruyère cheese
- kosher or sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold pastry and roll into a 14-inch-by-10-inch rectangle.
- Cut in half lengthwise.
- Brush both pastry halves lightly with egg.
- Top half with cheese and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place remaining pastry half, egg side down, over filling-topped half.
- Gently seal with a rolling pin.
- Cut crosswise into 28½-inch strips.
- Twist strips into spirals.
- Place 2 inches apart on a parchment-lined or greased baking sheet.
- Brush with egg mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- 60 calories (% calories from fat, 62) | 2 g protein | 4 g carbohydrates | no fiber | 4 g fat | 8 mg cholesterol | 57 mg sodium.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.