- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons dry yeast
- ½ – 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup hot tap water
- vegetable oil for frying
- sugar for garnish
- Mix hot tap water with yeast.
- Mix flour and sugar (½ to 1 cup depending on sweetness desired) together.
- Add yeast mixture to flour and blend to make a stiff dough.
- Cover and leave in a warm place for 1 to 3 hours.
- In a deep frying pan, heat oil (about ½ inch deep) until fairly hot.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of dough into oil and fry until golden brown, working in batches.
- Drain puff puffs on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with sugar and serve warm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.