This recipe taken from www.Portuguese-recipes.com
- 1 cup of flour
- ½ cup of bran, any kind
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- ½ tsp of baking soda
- ½ tsp of ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup of orange juice
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- ½ cup of pumpkin
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup of dark or golden raisins
- 1 tbsp of wheat germ
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine all of the above ingredients hold out the wheat germ for now.
- Mix well in a bowl use a spoon no mixer here please.
- Spoon into greased muffin tins. Sprinkle the tops with the wheat germ.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
1 muffin = 148 calories
- Exchanges: 1 bread, 1 fruit, 1 fat
- 25 g carbohydrate | 3 g protein | 4 g fat | 123 mg sodium | 189 mg potassium | 34 mg cholesterol
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.