Make your own pasta using our "Down & Dirty Pasta Dough from Scratch Recipe" - Click here! or buy fresh sheets of pasta to stuff your ravioli.
- Cut pumpkin into chunks and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Roast at 350 °F until pumpkin is soft. Allow to cool.
- Scoop pumpkin out of its shell into a bowl.
- Add a handful of grated parmesan cheese, nutmeg, salt & pepper. (If you like you can add ground cloves or ginger - any spice you like to give it that fall feel.)
- Mix it all up - use to stuff cappelletti, tortellini or ravioli.
- Can also be served as a side dish without the pasta.
To stuff pasta
- Roll out a sheet of pasta to about an 1/8 of an inch thickness -the thinner the better.
- Evenly space out small mounds of filling.
- Lay another sheet of pasta over the top.
- With your fingers gently smooth out any air bubbles.
- Cut out ravioli - either squares with a pizza knife or ravioli cutter or a shot glass for circular ravioli. Most importantly making sure the sides are closed.
- Once pasta is filled, throw into salted boiling water until they float to the top.
- In a pan slowly melt a couple of tablespoons of butter & gently fry a handful of sage leaves for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Raise the heat, toss in your cooked pasta with a bit of pasta water.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Place in a single layer on a sheet pan, then transfer into zip lock bag.