Pumpkin Bread III from the Wikibooks Cookbook—original recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat sugar and oil using electric hand mixer.
- Add eggs and pumpkin and beat lightly.
- Add flour, then baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and nuts if desired.
- Mix well.
- Pour into two baking pans sprayed lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake until toothpick comes out clean from the center, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Cool and serve.
- Chopped walnuts, are particularly good in this bread, but your favorite nuts will do.
- If cooking in a Dutch oven, preheat with about 14 charcoal briquettes, with about 10 or 11 on top and 3 or 4 on the bottom. If you're cooking outdoors, you'll have to use a hand mixer or a strong arm with the spoon.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.