This seasonal dessert has no crust, and features pure, creamy pumpkin flavor.
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree (see note)
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- Heat an oven to 325° F. Spray an 8”x 3”-deep cake pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- Line bottom with a round of parchment, wax paper, or spray paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add pumpkin purée, sugar substitute, vanilla, cinnamon, and ginger; beat until smooth.
- Mix with eggs one at a time, just until combined. Pour batter into prepared pan. Place a cake pan in a deep roasting pan and carefully pour in enough boiling water in roasting pan to reach halfway up sides of cake pan.
- Bake 42 to 45 minutes, until cake is just set in the center. Turn off the oven, open the door, and let stand in oven 15 minutes.
- Remove the cake pan from the water bath and transfer to a wire rack; cool completely.
- Run a knife around an edge of cake, cover and refrigerate until chilled (4 hours or overnight).
- To remove cake from the pan, dip the bottom of pan into hot water for just a few seconds to loosen. Place a serving platter over top and invert.
- Remove the pan and peel off paper. Garnish with mint and pecans.
Use pure pumpkin purée, not pumpkin pie mix, which is sweetened with sugar.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.