This is a recipe I obtained from an Estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Manes Estate in Venus, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 large egg yolks
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup pumpkin purée
- 1½ cups whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- In a heavy sauce pan heat egg yolks with sugar until blended then stir in pumpkin, whipping cream and spices and cook over medium-low heat stirring until mixture coats back of a silver spoon about 10-15 minutes (do not boil).
- Stir in vanilla then pour into a 1-quart casserole and refrigerate 6 hours or longer.
- 2 hours before serving soft brown sugar over chilled mixture and broil 4 minutes to allow sugar to melt.
- Serve with fresh fruit if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.