- 3 tbsp butter or margarine
- ¾ cup graham wafer crumbs
- 1 tbsp plain gelatin 1 pkg
- ½ cup cold water
- 3 eggs, separated
- ½ cup skim milk
- 1¼ cup canned pumpkin (or cooked)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp allspice
- ½ cup granulated artificial sweetener or 2 tbsp liquid SugarTwin
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Leftover pie may be frozen.
- Melt butter or margarine in a 9 inch pie plate at high for 30 to 40 sec.
- Add graham wafer crumbs to pie plate and combine well with a fork.
- Spread evenly over bottom of pie plate.
- Microwave at high for 3 to 5 minutes, watching carefully to prevent scorching.
- Allow to cool before filling.
- Dissolve gelatin in cold water and set aside.
- Beat egg yolks in a 2 quart measure or mixing bowl.
- Stir in milk, pumpkin, salt and spices.
- Mix well.
- Microwave at medium low 50% for 30 second intervals until thick and smooth, stirring after each interval.
- Add gelatin and sweetener.
- Stir until completely dissolved.
- Refrigerate until the thickness of unbeaten egg whites.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar and continue beating until stiff and shiny.
- Fold into pumpkin mixture, being careful to combine thoroughly.
- Pour into prepared pie shell.
- Chill overnight.
Nutritional information Edit
⅛ pie = 168 calories 16 g carbohydrate, 5 g protein, 8 g fat 1 starch, 1 protein, 1 fat and oils choice
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.