Pumpkin Muffins from the Seattle and King County Office of Public Health—original source of recipe, taken from the public domain
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 9
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup water
- 1⅔ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine eggs, sugar, pumpkin, oil, and water in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and spices in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, and stir to blend.
- Place batter ¾ to top of non-stick or lightly oiled muffin tins.
- You may also use cupcake cups.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from pan right away.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.