- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: www.verybestbaking.com
- Preparation: 15 minutes | Cooking: 1 Hour 20 minutes
- Yields: 6 Servings
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp crushed dried basil leaves
- 2 pounds lean pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (28 oz) recipe-ready diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) Libby's 100% pure pumpkin
- 1 can (14½ fluid oz) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup rose or White Zinfandel wine
- ½ tsp salt (optional)
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 medium white rose potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups (about 8 oz) green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion,garlic and basil; cook for 1 minute or until onion is tender.
- Add pork; cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add tomatoes with juice, pumpkin, broth, wine, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes, green beans and cinnamon stick.
- Cover; cook over low heat for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove cinnamon stick before serving.
Nutritional information Edit
- 310 calories | 70 calories from fat | 8g total fat | 2g saturated fat | 100 mg cholesterol | 410 mg sodium | 20g carbs | 7g dietary fiber | 9g sugars | 36g protein
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.