Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Makes 24 rolls
- 1 pack active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110°F)
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 tbsp margarine
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup non-fat dry milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- about 1½ tbsp pumpkin pie spice or 1½ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp cloves
- ¾ tsp nutmeg
- ¾ tsp ginger
- 2½ – 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1½ – 2 cups whole wheat flour
- non-stick vegetable spray
- In a large bowl or food processor, dissolve yeast in water.
- Add honey, margarine, salt, dry milk, pumpkin, spices.
- Beat well to blend, then gradually beat in about 4 cups of the combined flours to make a stiff dough.
- Turn dough out onto a floured board and knead until smooth about 15 to 20 minutes, adding flour as needed to prevent sticking.
- Turn dough over in a bowl coated with nonstick spray, cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled (1½ - 2 hours) punch down dough, knead briefly on a lightly floured board to release air.
- Divide dough into 24 equal pieces.
- Shape each into a smooth ball and place balls in 2 greased 9-inch round baking pans coated with nonstick spray.
- Cover and let rise until almost double.
- Bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 25 minutes or until browned.
- Cool on racks.
Nutritional information Edit
Per 1 roll serving:
- 121 calories | 3 g protein | 1 g fat | 24 g carbohydrate | .3 g fiber | 0 cholesterol | 103 mg sodium | 82 mg potassium
- Exchange: 1½ starch/bread
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.