- 1 small pumpkin, seeded, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 cardamon pod
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon [[ground coriander]
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced, heaping
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower flowerets
- ½ cup carrot, sliced
- 11 ounce can corn, undrained
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- Put oil in large pot or kettle. Heat till quite warm.
- Add cardamom, and cumin seeds. Cook until seeds crackle.
- Add onions, garlic and powders. Saute until onions are browned.
- Add cut up pumpkin and water till not quite covered. Cover and simmer until pumpkin is tender. Mash or purée.
- Return to pot and add your choice of vegetables. Cook until desired tenderness.
- You can add powered broth if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.