- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Lighter Bake (Prune Puree Fat Substitute by Sunsweet)
- 4 eggs
- 1 15-ounce can solid pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup soy flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 4 ounces light (neufchatel) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar (or more as needed for desired consistency)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped roasted soynuts
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 10 x 15 x 1-inch pan with non-stick spray. In a large bowl, combine sugar, eggs, oil and prune puree. Add pumpkin and mix thoroughly. Combine flours and spices and stir into pumpkin mixture. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until tester comes out clean from middle of pan. Cool well before icing with cream cheese frosting.
Combine all ingredients except soynuts. Mix until smooth. Frost pumpkin bars. Sprinkle with soynuts.
Yield: 24 bars. Serving size: 1 bar.
Per serving: 265 calories, 11 grams fat, 2 grams sat fat, 4.5 g protein, 37 g carbohydrate, 275 mg sodium, 37 mg cholesterol.