This recipe came from The Printey Estate sale. It was obtained it as part of the Family Collection from The Printey Estate in Forney, Texas in 2001.
- 3-1/2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely ground walnuts
- powdered sugar for garnish
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, ginger, nutmeg and xanthan gum.
- Blend Well.
- Using a mixer, beat butter and sugars about 3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time beating thoroughly after each addition.
- Blend in the pumpkin.
- Measure out buttermilk and add vanilla to it.
- Beat flour and spice mixture into the pumpkin mixture
- Beat in buttermilk mixture.
- Gently stir in walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan
- Bake at 350 °F for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Cool in pan about 10 minutes.
- Turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
Contributed by: Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.