Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: North Carolina Regiment of Young Marines, page 17
- Recipe by: PFC G.A. Wright, Swansboro
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ginger
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix butter, brown sugar, pumpkin, eggs, flour, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and ginger in bowl by hand.
- Spread on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Mix together 2 tablespoons melted butter, 1½ cups powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla and ½ teaspoon milk; add ½ teaspoon milk at a time until you can spread icing.
- Put icing on the pumpkin squares while it is warm.
- Cut into squares and enjoy.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.