- 2 lb Beef stew meat,- cut in 1 1/2-in. cubes
- 1 lg Onion; chopped
- 2 garlic cloves; minced
- 3 tb oil
- 2 lg tomatoes; chopped
- 1 lg Green bell pepper; chopped
- salt, pepper
- 1 ts Sugar
- 1 c dried apricots
- 3 White potatoes,- peeled and diced
- 3 sweet potatoes,- peeled and diced
- 2 c beef broth
- 1 md pumpkin
- butter or margarine; melted
- 1/4 c Dry sherry
- 1 cn Whole kernel corn (1 lb), drained
- Trim any excess fat from Beef and cook with Onion and garlic in oil until meat is browned.
- Add tomatoes, green pepper, 1 tablespoon salt,1/2 teaspoon pepper, Sugar, apricots, white potatoes, sweet potatoes
and broth. Cover and simmer 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, cut top off pumpkin and discard.
- Scoop out seeds and stringy membrane.
- Brush inside of pumpkin with butter and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Stir sherry and corn into stew and spoon into pumpkin shell.
- Place shell in shallow pan and bake at 325F 1 hour, or until pumpkin meat is tender.
- Place pumpkin in large bowl and ladle out stew, scooping out some of pumpkin with each stew serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.