Makes 6 servings
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 x 16-ounce can pumpkin
- ½ to 1 cup finely grated fresh pumpkin (optional)
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- cilantro sprigs for garnish
- Cook onion and garlic in oil in large saucepan or dutch oven over medium heat until onion is tender.
- Stir in broth, pumpkin, fresh pumpkin, coriander, pepper flakes, and nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Top each serving with ½ cup rice.
- Garnish with cilantro sprigs.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.