- ¾ cup warm water (105°F to 115°F)
- 1½ tsp active dry yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp olive oil, plus more as needed
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1¾ cups plus 1 tbsp unbleached all-purpose flour
- Place warm water in food processor bowl.
- Sprinkle yeast over, then add salt, 2 teaspoons oil and sugar.
- Process briefly to mix. Let rest 1 minute.
- Add 1¾ cups flour and process in two 4-second bursts, waiting several seconds between each.
- Process one more 4-second burst, adding remaining 1 tablespoon flour with machine running.
- Let dough rest 1 minute.
- Lightly oil medium bowl.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface; it will be somewhat sticky.
- With floured hands, knead gently 30 to 45 seconds.
- Place dough in oiled bowl, rotating to coat entire surface.
- Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in warm spot to rise until doubled in bulk, 1 to 1½ hours.
- Proceed as directed in individual recipes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.