This recipe comes from an Estate Sale and were obtained when The Family Collection from The Wetzel Estate in Plano, Texas was purchased in 1982. Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 35 ounce can Italian plum tomatoes (reserve Juice), roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, well rinsed
- ⅔ cup oil-cured black olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons minced flat leaf parsley, leaves stripped from stems
- Heat oil in a heavy nonreactive pan over medium heat
- Add garlic and stir.
- Remove from heat and allow hot oil to turn the garlic to pale gold (Approximately 10 minutes).
- Stir in tomatoes, capers,, pepper flakes, basil, oregano and black pepper.
- Return to medium low heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to very low.
- Cook pasta in rapidly boiling salted water until al dente
- Drain well.
- Toss pasta with sauce then sprinkle on fresh parsley and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.