- 4 oz (¼ lb) suet
- 3 eggs
- 1 oz cornflour or rice
- 3 oz brown sugar
- 4 oz (¼ lb) breadcrumbs
- 2 oz raisins
- 3 oz lemon marmalade
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- pinch of salt
- water for boiling
- In a large bowl, combine the suet, breadcrumbs and salt.
- Stir in the lemon rind and sugar to the mixture.
- Grease the container of a double-boiler, and spread half the raisins inside.
- Beat together the eggs and marmalade; add to breadcrumb mixture along with the remaining raisins.
- Pour into double-boiler container; add water to bottom pot and cover top container; boil for an hour-and-a-half.
- Serve warm in individual bowls.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.