Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Read more: Qatarvisitor.com
- small green pepper (less green pepper than onions and tomatoes)
- dried lemon - know as lemon aswad (black lemon, available in the souq)
- cloves (not more than three pieces)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- tbsp ebzar - or use ready made mix which includes cumin and pepper
- rice - soaked for at least 30 minutes
- , chicken, or meat
- Fry the onions and tomatoes (or use tomato sauce); sauté both in spices, cloves, cinnamon, ebzar/mix, salt and pepper, and black lemon.
- The black lemon is the key ingredient which makes this dish different from briyani.
- Add meat and brown - cook halfway add water and rice (enough water to cook the amount of rice) cook together until rice and meat are done and all water is absorbed.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.