- 500 g (18 oz) mutton
- 100 g or ⅗ cup vegetable oil
- 500 g potatoes
- 4 tomatoes
- 4 onions
- 1 chile pepper
- 1 bunch (1 oz) each dill and coriander
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 apple
- bay leaf
- salt and spices to taste
- Cut meat into small pieces and sear in oil until brown.
- Add sliced onions and tomatoes, and saute another 7 – 10 minutes.
- Then put in potatoes and stir well.
- Pour in 2.5 – 3 liters or quarts of water, add salt and bring to a boil.
- Then add whole chili pepper, chopped dill, and fresh coriander.
- Finally add an apple to bring the soup to full flavor.
- Simmer dish for about an hour.
- Serve in kosas topped with chopped greens.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.