White cheese dip
- 1 cup cheese (monterey jack, asadero or chihuahua), finely shredded
- 4 ounces green chiles
- ¼ cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 serrano or jalapeño pepper, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Put all ingredients in a double boiler and cook over medium or medium-low heat until melted and well blended, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with fresh tostadas or hot flour tortillas.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.