- 1½ cup (8 oz) bulgur wheat
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 chopped cloves of garlic
- fresh mint leaves (about 12 branches)
- 4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- Soak bulgur in water at least 3 hours.
- Drain and press bulgur in a colander to remove water.
- Beat the onion, garlic and mint leaves to make a coarse paste.
- Pour this paste in a large bowl, add the bulgur, ground sirloin, salt, cinnamon and ground pepper.
- Knead the mixture thoroughly, when ready, it will resemble dough.
- Form the dough into 2-inch rolls with shape of a football ball.
- Deep fry rolls at 350 °F for about 10 minutes or until crusty and brown.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.