Makes 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 x 14½-ounce can peeled whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 1 pound (2½ cups) peeled cooked crawfish tails
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Add green pepper, celery and onions; cook over medium heat until tender but not brown.
- Stir in rice, tomatoes, salt, poultry seasoning, garlic, red pepper and broth. Bring to a boil.
- Stir once or twice; reduce heat, cover, and simmer 25 to 30 minutes or until rice is tender. Mixture should be slightly moist.
- Stir in crawfish and cook until thoroughly heated, about 2 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.