An easy cheater's method for a French type of pastry that makes a great breakfast, or anytime. You know what they say: PAIN IS GOOD!
For the ganacheEdit
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate or semisweet chocolate, chopped (or could use morsels)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Place chocolate pieces in a heatproof bowl.
- Heat cream until it just starts to boil; pour over the chocolate.
- Stir until the chocolate melts and is well blended.
- Let cool until ganache thickens and achieves a spreadable consistency; chill slightly if necessary.
- Spread ganache on bottom halves of croissants; reassemble tops and dust lightly with powdered sugar.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.