- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp green pepper, finely chopped
- ½ tbsp butter or margarine
- 10½ oz tomato soup, condensed
- 8 oz pasteurized process cheese (sharp cheddar), shredded
- ¼ tsp dry mustard
- ¼ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 6 slice toast, cut diagonally
- Cook onion and green pepper in fat until tender.
- Heat soup in the top of a double boiler.
- Add cheese to soup and cook over boiling water, stirring constantly, until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in mustard, Worcestershire sauce, onion, and green pepper.
- Serve over toast pieces.
- Garnish with a sprig of parsley, if desired.
Nutritional information Edit
Calories per ⅓ cup serving: about 250
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.