In Romanian: Tort de gutui
- 20 oz / 600 g quinces
- 14 oz / 400 g confectioner's sugar
- 10 whipped egg whites
- 3 – 4 tablespoons quince marmalade
- fruits from preserves
- Boil and sieve the quinces to make a paste.
- When the quince paste is cool, mix with sugar, adding gradually, by tablespoons.
- Add the whipped egg whites and mix gently.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal parts.
- Bake each part individually, for 5 – 10 minutes each, in the baking pan that was covered with oiled paper.
- As they are done, immediately moisten the paper with water and remove it.
- Let all sheets cool off then spread quince marmalade on each of them.
- Garnish the cake with fruits from preserves.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.