Description EditA secret alternative to the rice, this natural breakfast dish is made and cooked with authentic quinoa, fruits, almonds, and milk and is great for breakfast, as it delivers a fresh aroma that it relishes and enhances with salt and sugar.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water, hot or lukewarm only
- 1 teaspoon natural cane sugar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup currants
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 ½ cup vanilla soy milk, warmed
- Rinse quinoa very well in a fine-mesh sieve and let drain.
- In a medium saucepan, combine water, sugar, and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the quinoa. Reduce the heat to medium, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes more.
- Gently toss the quinoa with the fruit and almonds. Serve with the warmed soy milk.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.